Monthly Gas Cost Changes
July 2016 June 2016 July 2015 GCR(1) per CCF $0.4208 $0.3879 $0.4642 Gas price $29.46 $27.15 $32.49 Typical monthly bill(2) $76.92 $74.61 $79.40
(1) Gas Cost Recovery – represents 100% of Duke Energy's gas costs incurred to provide natural gas supply for its customers.
(2) Based on a typical monthly usage of 70 ccf
(ccf = 100 cubic feet)
The Natural Gas Delivery System and Pipeline Safety (pdf, 33 KB).
Every day in the United States, several million cubic feet of natural gas travel through an underground pipeline delivery system to 64 million customers.
Other Helpful Links:
- American Gas Association
- New York Mercantile Exchange
- Energy Information Administration
- Apples to Apples Rate Comparisons – charts produced by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio compares current natural gas supplier price options and contract terms.
Manage Your Bill
Budget Billing – Manage your cash flow with predictable monthly payments. There are two plans that adjust periodically based on your actual usage.
Manage Your Energy Use
Energy Management – Find more energy-saving information to help manage your energy costs.
Business Services Newsletter – Our Duke Energy Business Services Newsline For Your Business is a free electronic newsletter filled with information about energy efficiency, industry trends and Duke Energy products and services.