What is Power Manager?
Power Manager® pays more than 250,000 Duke Energy customers to reduce their electric use when demand for electricity is at its highest.
Sign up for Power Manager or call 888.463.5022 to enroll by phone.
Power Manager is currently not available in Cherokee, Clay, Jackson, Macon or Swain counties in North Carolina.
Why Sign Up?
- You will receive $32 in bill credits each year for your participation (an $8 credit on your electric bills from July through October).
- You will help preserve the environment and keep electric costs low by reducing the demand for electricity and delaying the need to build additional power plants in our region.
How the Program Works
- Duke Energy will install a small device near your central air conditioner's outside unit.
- Using this device, your air conditioner may be temporarily interrupted for a portion of each half hour during the summer when demand for electricity may reach critical levels.
- Your air conditioner will be turned off and on in coordination with other Power Manager customers to reduce the overall demand for electricity.
Power Manager is an easy way to do something positive for yourself and the environment.
To learn more, see the Power Manager FAQs.
How to Get Started
To sign up for Power Manager, you must:
- Be a Duke Energy residential customer.
- Own your single-family home.
- Have a functional central air conditioning unit with an outside compressor.
There are two ways to sign up for Power Manager:
- Call us at 888.463.5022 to enroll by phone.
- Enroll online using our Power Manager Enrollment Form