Surety Bond Agreement
A surety bond is an agreement between Duke Energy and an insurance company. Duke Energy will accept a Surety Bond from an insurance company in lieu of a monetary security deposit. Surety Bond characteristics are
- The Duke Energy customer pays the insurer an annual or bi-annual premium for the bond.
- The bond is a guarantee for the deposit amount.
- Most bonds automatically are renewed annually.
- If the insurer wants to cancel the bond, he/she must do so in writing, and allow 60 days written notification.
- The original bond must be mailed to Duke Energy.
Example Surety Bond Agreement (pdf, 95 KB)
Note: If using Adobe Acrobat version 5.0 or greater, your insurance company can type into the form's blank fields and print the document.
Surety Bond Agreement Instructions:
- Insurance company completes the form.
- Print the form.
- Have Principal and Surety sign and seal the bond.
- Retain a copy for your records.
- Mail the original copy to
Duke Energy Company
Attn: DT01X – Surety Bond Desk
9700 David Taylor Drive
Charlotte, N.C. 28262