Duke Energy Names 2012 Power Partners Jan. 9, 2013
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -
Seventeen innovative organizations have been recognized by Duke Energy as Power Partners for their individual efforts in energy efficiency, sustainability and business growth.
These “Power Partners” are just that – exceptional partners for Duke Energy, and for their local communities.
Some have taken on huge energy efficiency projects, reducing environmental emissions and saving thousands of dollars in energy costs, which allow for business growth that creates jobs and boosts the local economy.
Others are helping keep regional energy costs low by shifting their energy consumption away from peak hours.
And still others have partnered with Duke Energy to find creative energy solutions.
“These are businesses that have worked closely with us to find opportunities that are mutually beneficial,” says Joni Davis, vice president, large business customers at Duke Energy. “We’ve given these awards for 20 years now, and every year our Power Partner recipients continue to demonstrate the highest level of commitment to innovation and responsible energy use.”
The 2012 Duke Energy Power Partner Award winners are:
- BMW Manufacturing Company (Greer, S.C.)
- Columbus Regional Hospital (Columbus, Ind.)
- Crown Casting Inc. (Hodges, S.C.)
- Darden Restaurants Inc (Orlando, Fla.)
- Food Lion (Salisbury, N.C.)
- Glen Raven Inc (Burlington, N.C.)
- Grifols Therapeutics Inc. (Clayton, N.C.)
- LabCorp (Burlington, N.C.)
- MOM Brands (Asheboro, N.C.)
- Novant Health (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- PaperWorks (Wabash, Ind.)
- JM Smucker LLC (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Starwood Vacation Ownership (Orlando, Fla.)
- Target (National)
- Thorntons Inc (National)
- University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Winston-Salem State University (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
These organizations will be recognized at individual award ceremonies this winter.
About Duke Energy
Duke Energy is the largest electric power holding company in the United States with more than $100 billion in total assets. Its regulated utility operations serve approximately 7.1 million electric customers located in six states in the Southeast and Midwest. Its commercial power and international business segments own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a growing portfolio of renewable energy assets in the United States.
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Duke Energy is a Fortune 250 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol DUK. More information about the company is available at: www.duke-energy.com.
24-Hour Contact: 800-559-3853