Choose State Change Location
Lakes & Recreation » Lake-Use Construction Permits and Information

Lake-Use Construction Permits and Information

 Lake Use

 Anyone desiring to construct or make changes to a pier/dock or shoreline stabilization within the Project boundary of a Duke Energy-owned reservoir must first obtain written authorization from Duke Energy Lake Services prior to beginning any construction.

In certain areas, additional permits and approvals may be required. Be sure to review the “Additional Information and Application Requirements” and obtain any necessary approvals prior to submitting an application to Duke Energy Lake Services.

The permit application form for pier/dock and shoreline stabilization requests is listed below. If you have questions or for information on all other lake-use permit applications (excavations, minor water withdrawals, geothermal systems, marinas, etc.), contact our Lake Services office by email at or by calling 704.382.8086 or 1.800.443.5193

Application Information

Duke Energy Resources

Shoreline Management Plans and Guidelines

External Resources