Smart $aver® Incentive Program K-12 Schools
Duke Energy’s Smart $aver Incentive program provides incentive dollars specifically targeted to improve energy efficiency in schools K-12. Any school may qualify for replacement or retrofit of standard high efficiency equipment installations.
Key Points of the School Incentive Program
- A comprehensive evaluation may be performed on all energy efficiency systems in a facility. Or, an assessment may focus on selected components such as lighting or HVAC.
- Both prescriptive (standard) and custom incentives are available. Custom incentives are identified energy saving measures not part of the standard technologies. All custom incentives must have pre-approval before equipment is purchased and installed.
- The maximum annual incentive amount is $100,000 per school per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30). Incentives are paid on a "first come, first served" basis.
- You can seek pre-approval and reserve incentives by submitting an application form along with your project proposal.
- The customer payback period must be one year or more.
- An assessment incentive will be provided to cover 25 percent of the cost of the assessment up to $500 per school. If incentives are implemented, an additional 25 percent assessment cost up to $500 will be covered.
View a comprehensive list of all standard Smart $aver incentives.
If your facility is part of a K-12 school system and considering energy efficient equipment that isn’t included in the Prescriptive Incentive program, it may qualify under the Smart $aver Custom Incentive program.
Lighting IncentivesNew efficient lighting technologies can use up to 30 percent less energy than standard equipment. Learn More »
Variable Frequency Drive IncentivesImprove process efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and lower energy costs with sensible and cost-effective VFDs. Learn More »
HVAC IncentivesHigh-efficiency HVAC equipment combined with improvements to your thermal envelope can help cut energy costs year round. Learn More »
Pump IncentivesSavings provided by an energy efficient pump can far outweigh its higher purchase price, while improving reliability. Learn More »
Chiller IncentivesImproving the efficiency of your existing chillers or taking advantage of newer, higher efficiency ones can result in big savings. Learn More »
Food Service IncentivesInvesting in high-efficiency food service equipment can cut utility costs and increase the quality of prepared food & productivity. Learn More »