U.S. Franchised Electric & Gas
U.S. Franchised Electric and Gas (USFE&G) consists of Duke Energy’s regulated generation, electric and gas transmission and distribution systems. USFE&G’s generation portfolio is a balanced mix of energy resources having different operating characteristics and fuel sources designed to provide energy at the lowest possible cost.
- Owns approximately 27,000 megawatts (MW) of generating capacity
- Service area covers about 50,000 square miles with an estimated population of 11 million
- Service to approximately 4 million residential, commercial and industrial customers
- Over 151,600 miles of distribution lines and a 20,900-mile transmission system
- Regulated natural gas transmission and distribution services to approximately 500,000 customers in southwestern Ohio and northern Kentucky