Duke Energy at a Glance
Duke Energy is one of the largest electric power holding companies in the United States. Our regulated utility operations serve approximately 4 million customers located in five states in the Southeast and Midwest, representing a population of approximately 11 million people. Our commercial power and international business segments own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a growing portfolio of renewable energy assets in the United States.
2010 ADJUSTED SEGMENT EBIT 1
- 77% U.S. Franchised Electric & Gas 2
- 9% Commercial Power 2
- 14% Duke Energy International 2
BUSINESS MIX DIVERSITY 2
- 77% Regulated
- 23% Non-Regulated
FUEL DIVERSITY 3
- 62% Coal
- 31% Nuclear
- 5% Natural Gas
- 2% Wind / Hydro
(1) Forecasted 2010 adjusted segment Earnings Before Interest and Taxes (EBIT) contribution.
(2) Percent of forecasted adjusted total segment EBIT does not include results for the operations labeled as Other.
(3) 2009 net U.S. megawatt-hour generation.