Reduce your energy bill and increase profits with our energy efficiency incentives.
Energy is an important resource for agricultural producers like you. Changing the way you use energy today can help you save time and money now – and in the future. With our easy energy efficiency incentive programs, you can:
- Strengthen your business by lowering operating costs and increasing your profits.
- Prepare for the future with updated technology and upgraded systems to make sure your business thrives for years to come.
- Reduce your impact on the environment through energy conservation.
Below you’ll find that and other information on how to run your farm as efficiently, economically and safely as possible.
Feel free to contact us for more information:
Outage and Safety
Safety and reliability are our top priorities. Please contact us immediately if you experience an outage, see a downed power line, suspect that stray voltage is affecting your livestock or have questions about line clearances, grounding or any other electrical issue. And, of course, always call to have your utility lines marked for free before digging in the ground.
- Report or check the status of an outage or call 800-POWERON.
- Stray voltage and grounding: Electrically grounded equipment normally has a small voltage with respect to earth even with proper wiring and grounding. When an animal or person becomes part of an electrical path between a grounded object and "remote" earth, shock sensations can occur in both livestock and humans. Learn more about stray voltage and grounding here.
- Call Before You Dig
- Right of Way information
If you suspect stray voltage is affecting your livestock, call us at 844.360.2431 to have a trained professional come and test your farm.
Energy Efficiency Programs
Our Smart $aver programs offer incentives to help make it easier for businesses like yours to make energy efficiency improvements. Smart $aver incentives can help offset upfront costs, shorten payback time and increase overall energy savings.
The Smart $aver Custom Incentive program picks up where the Prescriptive Incentive program leaves off. If you are implementing other unique energy-efficient technologies that are not listed under the prescriptive measures, Smart $aver custom incentives can help you offset upfront costs and improve your bottom line.
Don’t let power interruptions disrupt your day to day work on the farm, or put your business at risk. Some power interruptions are unavoidable – like those caused by weather, vehicle accidents or construction equipment mishaps. But Duke Energy’s Backup Power Systems can protect your critical operations so you can continue to milk your cows, or provide essential ventilation for your hogs, chickens, turkeys, greenhouses, etc. Duke Energy’s Backup Power Systems will automatically provide power to your farm during a power outage so that your business stays safe and profitable.
- Lighting Upgrades: A way for poultry houses to save energy without affecting productivity (PDF)
- Poultry Lighting: LED Bulbs Provide Energy Savings and Durability (PDF)
- Increase milk production and reduce energy consumption with long day lighting
- LEDs for Broiler House Lighting
- Dairy and Milk Processing Case Study (PDF)
- Cedar Mountain Farms: A Poultry Farm Case Study (PDF)
- The Innovation Center for US Dairy
- EnSave Case Studies