Choose State Change Location



WinterCare was established in 1984 and is funded by Duke Energy customers, employees and shareholders. Duke Energy contributes $25,000 and will match up to $25,000 in customer contributions to assist those in need with winter heating bills.

How to Apply for Assistance

Eligible customers will receive a one-time payment available November through March or until funds are depleted. For additional information or to apply for assistance, please contact the Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission at 1-800-456-3452 or 1-800-372-2973 (TTY available for the hearing impaired).

How to Make a Donation

If you would like to share the warmth with those less fortunate in your community, your contribution may be tax-deductable[1], and contributions can be made in two ways:

  • You may add a donation to your monthly Duke Energy bill. (Most monthly bills have a special notation in the upper right-hand corner to mark your WinterCare donation.)
  1. Write in the dollar amount you would like to give (in even dollar amounts).
  2. Add the amount to your bill payment.
  • You also may mail donations by check or money order only. Checks should be made payable to The Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission/WinterCare Program.

Please mail donations to:

Duke Energy WinterCare Program
139 E. 4th Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

Paperless Billing Customer Donations

Our Paperless Billing customers can easily make a donation online when scheduling their monthly Duke Energy payment.  Customers will need to complete the section titled "Customer Contribution" if they would like to make a donation to WinterCare.

Additional Information

Donations may be tax deductible and are forwarded to the Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission for distribution to those in need.[1]

If you have additional questions about making a contribution to WinterCare, contact us via e-mail or call us toll-free at 1-800-544-6900.

[1] Individual tax situations vary. Consult a tax advisor before claiming a contribution on a tax return.