Areas of Focus Duke Energy Foundation Annual Grants
At Duke Energy, supporting the welfare of our communities is directly tied to our commitment to sustainability. We believe the decisions we make today will determine our company’s long-term prospects. One of those decisions is to ensure our communities have the resources and support they need to thrive, now and well into the future.
At the core of The Duke Energy Foundation is its commitment to the community, with a focus in four areas:
- Programs that support conservation, training and research around environmental initiatives.
- Initiatives that support the efficient use of energy, but that also do not create a conflict with the programs approved in the regulated jurisdictions (reducing cost of utility service).
- Initiatives that support the company’s economic development strategies (may vary by region)
- Skills and workforce development.
- K-12 education focused on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
- Higher education, focused on (STEM) and environment related programs.
- Human services, arts, cultural, and community safety.
- Community leadership development.