Duke Energy Foundation The power to change lives, change communities
Charitable giving and volunteerism are an integral part of Duke Energy's commitment to the communities we serve. Strong, vibrant communities do not happen by accident. They are the result of hard work, significant investments of time and key partnerships to solve daunting challenges.
The Duke Energy Foundation, along with employee and retiree volunteers, provide philanthropic support to address the needs vital to the health of our communities. Annually, the Foundation funds over $25 million in charitable grants. We review funding requests at the regional level and target investments in the areas where we believe the company can have the greatest impact on the well-being of our communities.
The Duke Energy Foundation powers vibrant communities in the regions we serve by focusing four investment priorities:
- Education – STEM and Early Childhood Literacy
- Supporting effective education programs and initiatives that emphasize STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) or teach critical reading skills
- Economic and Workforce Development
- Building strong communities by enhancing state development strategies and marketing efforts and funding workforce development initiatives to retool and retrain workers with 21st century skills
- Protecting, improving or restoring natural resources, especially water and air
- Community Impact and Cultural Enrichment
- Increasing access to arts and culture in our communities and strengthening the capabilities, knowledge and skills of local nonprofits
The Duke Energy Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization funded with shareholder funds and governed by a board of trustees.