Scholarship Programs Investing in Our Future
Duke Energy Scholars: Investing in Our Future
Each year, Duke Energy recognizes outstanding academic excellence by awarding scholarships to dependent children of qualified employees who plan to continue their education in university, technical or vocational school programs. Qualified employees include full-time employees, surviving spouses or domestic partners of deceased employees of Duke Energy and retirees. Highlights of the scholarship program:
- The Duke Energy Scholar Program includes scholarships for both university and vocational/technical focus.
- Scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited institution of the studentís choice.
- Each year, 30 scholarships of up to $5,000 per year for up to four consecutive years (maximum of $20,000) of undergraduate study at accredited, four-year colleges or universities in the United States.
- Each year, 10 vocational/technical scholarships of up to $1,000 per year for up to two consecutive years (maximum of $2,000) for two-year technical schools or community colleges in the United States.
- Each year, 10 one-time alternate university scholarships are also awarded for undergraduate study at accredited, four-year colleges or universities in the United States.
- The scholarships are merit-based with consideration given to academic record, leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors and awards, adult appraisal, work experience, a statement of educational and career goals and unusual circumstances.
- Scholarship recipients are under no obligation to work for Duke Energy nor is there any implied promise of a job at Duke Energy after graduation from college.