Top of the World Windpower Project highlights
- Located in Converse County, Wyoming
- Generates 200 megawatts of electricity, enough to power approximately 60,000 homes
- Began commercial operation in October 2010
- Supplies electricity to PacifiCorp under the terms of a 20-year agreement
- Consists of 110 wind turbines—44 Siemens turbines and 66 General Electric turbines—on 17,000 acres of land
- Photographs available on Flickr
- Presidential honor: President Barack Obama inspected one of the Top of the World's turbine blades during his visit to the Siemens manufacturing facility in Fort Madison, Iowa, in April 2010.