Shedding a Light® Time to stop living in the dark
Compare how proposed cap-and-trade laws will affect your energy bill. We’ll even do the math
See how much radiation is emitted right inside your home. Check your Geiger counter
It’s not magic, but it is pretty cool how energy is generated from atoms. Turn on the reactor
Power has many sources. Where does yours come from? Pick a fuel, any fuel
Take a trip through time, to see how electric power has evolved in America. No flux capacitor needed
Energy is one of those topics that can spark lively discussion. Not only is energy a critical challenge in the U.S. and worldwide – it also affects our individual lives, every minute of every day.
SheddingaLight.org illuminates the complex world of energy for all of us. Though we may not always agree on the best path forward, we all want to do what’s best for our environment and our communities.
Shedding a Light looks at energy issues from all sides, invites you to join the conversation, and lets your voice be heard.
The website includes information about climate change and related legislation, nuclear energy, clean coal, energy efficiency, renewable energy and more.
On Shedding a Light, you can:
- Join a community of people who share your interest in energy and environmental issues.
- Get regular updates on what’s happening in energy – from urban smart grids to rural wind farms – and e-mail items of interest to your friends.
- Be the first to know about an energy issue that matters to you. We’ll provide a direct link to your legislator, if applicable.
- Find out what some of America’s top energy experts have to say, and add your own comments to the mix.
- Use video to share why you care about energy issues.
Duke Energy is hosting this site. Obviously, we have an interest in the outcome on energy issues, and the impact on our customers. But we welcome all perspectives, including those who disagree with our company’s positions.
Cap-and-trade legislation, new regulations, rising costs, aging power plants, renewable energy – all of these issues are having an impact on our country’s energy future, and our own as individuals.
By staying informed, speaking up and using our own energy wisely, we can find the right solutions together. Join our community.
Duke Energy, the Duke Energy logo and Shedding a Light are trademarks of Duke Energy Corporation or one of its affiliates.