Perry North Tap to Boyd Tap
- Duke Energy is committed to providing safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers.
- Maintaining a robust system for supplying and delivering electricity is critical to ensuring the continued reliability and economic prosperity of the region.
- Duke Energy has identified the need to upgrade the transmission system in this area. It is a part of a series of projects to improve reliability in the region.
- Duke Energy is planning to replace poles and upgrade the transmission lines in an area that includes portions of Taylor, Jefferson and Madison counties. The 6.02 mile-long project is a rebuild of a 69 kilovolt (kV) line and will replace approximately 40 wooden transmission structures with new concrete poles inside our existing easements. The existing poles will be replaced near their current locations, with poles averaging 5 to 10 feet taller than the existing poles.
- Construction is scheduled to begin in mid June and is expected to be completed in late October 2012.
We appreciate your cooperation as we move through this important project.