Largo to East Clearwater Pole Replacement Project
Based upon an ongoing assessment of the electric system in Pinellas County, Duke Energy is planning to upgrade an existing transmission line located on Missouri Avenue in Clearwater, FL. This project is critical to ensuring continued reliability of the electric system in your area. Upgrading the electrical structures along the transmission line will harden the system and enhance reliability to homes, businesses and schools, preventing future potential outages.
- Duke Energy will replace approximately 46 wood transmission poles with new steel poles along a portion of an existing 2.17 mile long, 69-kilovolt (kV) transmission line beginning at the northeast corner of N. Missouri Avenue and 2nd Avenue N.E. running north and ending at the northwest corner of S. Missouri Ave. and Lakeview Road.
- The existing poles will be replaced near their current locations and will be approximately 5 feet taller than the existing poles.
- Line construction will begin in June 2015 and is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
- Phase I of this project was completed in May 2013. That part of the project ran from just east of N. Keene Rd. and north of Montclair Road, and running west to Kings Highway, just north of Byram Drive.
- Upon completion of the project, all construction material and debris will be removed and the easement and right-of-way will be restored as close as possible to its original condition.
Please send your questions or comments to us at TransmissionEnhancements@duke-energy.com or call 877.840.0101.