Recent Activities Florida Energy Planning
Information on transmission activities related to the Levy nuclear project:
- Duke Energy makes annual nuclear cost-recovery filings.
- Duke Energy is postponing major construction on the Levy nuclear project until after the federal licensing process is complete, which is expected in late 2012.
- Like the overall project, work on the related transmission lines will slow until after federal licensing is complete.
- Until the Nuclear Regulatory Commission issues the Levy combined operating license in late 2012, the company will not have an aggressive land-acquisition program.
- Except for certain land purchases already in progress, the company will conduct very limited land acquisition.
- If you have questions about the proposed transmission project, please call 888-238-0373.
Duke Energy receives approval from state for nuclear plant
- Site certification application approved – 8/11/2009
Levy project schedule shifted
Link to NRC Combined License Applications
- Levy 1 & 2 License Application – 7/30/2008