The Businesses We're In
Duke Energy is a leading energy company focused on electric power and gas distribution operations, and other energy services in the Americas – including a growing portfolio of renewable energy assets.
- Franchised Electric & Gas Service
- Duke Energy’s Franchised Electric & Gas operations provide safe, reliable and competitively priced electricity to customers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.
- Commercial Power
- Duke Energy's Commercial Power business has approximately 6,800 megawatts of owned nonregulated generation, primarily in the Midwest, including efficient natural gas and coal-fired plants.
- Duke Energy Renewables
- Duke Energy Renewables is a leader in developing innovative wind and solar energy solutions for customers throughout the U.S. Our wind and solar farms, located in nine states, produce about 1,700 megawatts of emission-free electricity.
- Duke Energy’s International operations are located in the Central and South American countries of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala and Peru.
- DukeNet is a leading fiber optic network company primarily serving the southeastern U.S. In October 2013, Time Warner Cable agreed to acquire the jointly owned DukeNet Communications.
- Duke Energy Retail
- Duke Energy Retail provides retail electric services to businesses, industrial facilities, aggregated municipalities and multi-site customers throughout Ohio.
- Duke Energy Commercial Transmission
- Commercial Transmission partners with other proven and experienced companies to build, own and operate transmission lines across the U.S.